Please note: This version of the Agreement and Appendices A and C are no longer up to date. For an updated version, please see Intergovernmental Agreement on a National Framework for Responding to PFAS Contamination which came into effect 7 February 2020. This page has been kept for historical purposes only.
This Intergovernmental Agreement supports collaboration and cooperation between the Commonwealth and the States and Territories to respond consistently and effectively to per- and poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) contamination. The Agreement came into effect on 20 February 2018, when the Commonwealth and South Australia became the first signatories.
- Appendix B (The PFAS National Environmental Management Plan)
- Appendix D (Health Based Guidance Values for PFAS)
- Appendix E (Environmental Health Standing Committee Guidance Statements on PFAS)
- Appendix F (Australian Health Protection Principal Committee PFAS Factsheet)
- Appendix G (Food Regulation Standing Committee Statement on PFAS and the general food supply)